Monday, January 8, 2018

Baby bonnet - nuntium ducentesimum duodeoctigesimum

I've been working on a baby bonnet.  I'm trying Karen Cabrera's lovely pattern.  I'm afraid I don't really like size 10.  This is my "backup bonnet".  I have a dear colleague who will be having a baby in May.  Even though I've stopped making such time-intensive items for others, this woman is very special.  Not only is she one of the sweetest people around, she also asked to learn to tat a few years ago.  She hasn't been too active (got married last year) as a tatter, she understands what tatting is and the time involved.  Plus I just wanted to make something special for her.
Here's the start, needed 18 of them.

Very easy but with size 10, the shuttles had to be filled all the time!

Got going and forgot to take a middle picture.
Now still has restarted, so we'll see when this gets done... : )

11 comments:

  1. You're right, it's best to tat for people who will appreciate it! Looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... save your time intensive tatting for those who truly appreciate it! I'm sure your friend will treasure the baby bonnet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year, I'm glad you're back! Your friend will love this gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been tatting but short on blogging time. ☺️

      Delete
  4. Baby bonnets are one of my favorite things to do, your' s is looking good😊💜😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Es muy importante que las personas sepan valorar el encaje. El patrón de Karen es precioso. Te quedará espectacular. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful as a stretch of broad lace!
    Looking forward to the smaller, complete bonnet - saw Karen's for the first time - thanks for the link :-) It's going to be fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's going to be a speical piece of tatting, it looks Beauitiful so far, look forward to seeing how it works out

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s gorgeous! You need some larger shuttles if you can stand using the big ones :) Can’t wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's looking very beautiful Michelle! I'm sorry you don't like it because it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!